Banking Do's And Don’ts
The phishing email may also direct you to a spoofed website or pop-up window, which looks exactly like the real site. Phishing is an increasingly common type of scam in which personal data such as credit card numbers and online banking passwords are stolen for fraudulent use.
The fraudster sends "spoofed" emails that appear to come from a legitimate website that you have online dealings with such as a bank, credit card company or an ISP - any site which requires users to have a personal identity or account. The email may ask you to reply with your account details in order to "update security" or for some other reason.
site’s login page, but has been set up for the sole purpose of stealing personal information. Unsuspecting people are then often fooled into handing over credit card numbers, passwords or other personal details.
If you are using Internet banking or any other online account, you should be aware of these attacks and how to protect against them.
At IDBI, we would never ask for your personal details through an email. Nor would we ask for your password through any means, online or offline. If any of our bank personnel asks you for your password, do not disclose it and report him or her immediately to us.
- Inform us when you change your
- Check your statement/passbook regularly and immediately inform us of any discrepancy. Similarly, immediately inform your nearest branch of the bank in the event of your Demand Draft, Fixed Deposit Receipt or Locker key being misplaced/ stolen.
- In the event your cheque leave(s)/ book, passbook, ATM/Debit card is lost or stolen, or you feel your password has been compromised, please notify us immediately through our 24/7 Phone banking centre, to enable us to take suitable measures to prevent misuse of the same. Debit Card Hot listing number: 1800-22-6999 Phone Banking Nos: 1800-22-1070 (MTNL/BSNL); 1800-200-1947 (Others); +9122-66937000 (Overseas)
- Never respond to emails that request personal information. Kindly note that the Bank/RBI/Income Tax Department will never ask for details about your Account / PINs or Passwords.
- Please avail nomination facility. Please furnish the nominations for deposit and pension account separately.
- Please operate your account at frequent intervals so that it is not misused. Further, it will also ensure that your account does not turn inactive / dormant.
- After submitting any written communication to the bank, always ensure to collect acknowledgement from the Bank officials. This will help you for future reference.
- Change and memorize your PIN, password and other security information received by you.
- Do not disclose your card, PIN, password or other security information to anyone else.
- Change your PIN/Password at regular intervals.
- Give a written instruction in case you wish to stop payment of a cheque or cancel standing instruction or a direct debit. We recommend that you inform the originator of the direct debit also, viz, utility companies, etc.
- Ensure to register your Mobile number with us and get SMS Alerts to keep track of high value card & net banking transactions in your account.
- Register your email id with us.
- Please write legibly and avoid over writing.
- Ensure that the cheque book is kept in a safe place.
- Ensure that the name of the payee on cheque is clearly mentioned.
- Draw a line through unused space on the cheque to avoid any unauthorised additions.
- Make sure that the date is written correctly and that the cheque is signed.
- As far as possible, issue crossed / account payee cheques.
- Avoid overwriting on cheques.
- Do not keep signed blank cheque leaves.
- Before dropping in the cheque drop box, please ensure that at the back of the cheque the account number and mobile number are mentioned.
- While tendering any clearing cheque at the branch for collection, obtain acknowledgement from the bank officials.
- Ensure safe custody of the delivery book in the Demat Accounts and do not keep any blank signed slip in the book.
- Tax Deducted at Source : Please furnish correct PAN Number to the Bank.
- Form 15G / 15H is to be furnished at the commencement of financial year for non deduction of tax at source
- Ensure to affix your signature on the reverse of the card to avoid misuse.
- Never keep your Debit Card and PIN together.
- Never share your ATM PIN, debit card details with anyone.
- Never leave your Debit/ATM card unattended. Do not bend the Debit Card.
- Before leaving the ATM, please ensure to collect the cash, your ATM card and other belongings.
- Avoid using ATMs located in desolate areas and places, which are dimly lit.
- Please register your mobile number to receive transaction alerts on using your debit card.
- Keep your transaction slips/receipts safe and dispose them off carefully.
- Bank will never ask for any details like debit card number, ATM PIN, CVV number printed on the reverse of the card etc. Therefore, never respond / reply to emails asking for such confidential information, even if it seems as having originated from the Bank. This would help prevent I-Net phishing frauds and save your hard earned money.
- Never respond/avoid opening or replying to spam emails asking for confidential credentials, even if purportedly sent by the Bank.
- Do not reveal your Passwords / Pins to anyone over the phone, even if the caller claims that he / she is calling on behalf of the Bank.
- Do not reveal to anyone (including Bank personnel), the Unique Registration Number (URN), One Time Password (OTP) and On-line Shopping Password (OSP) forwarded by the Bank to your mobile phone.
- In case of suspicion, report the matter immediately to us on our toll free 24 hour customer care numbers or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Never let anyone know your PINs or passwords, do not write them down.
- Do not use the same password for all your online accounts.
- Using special characters like # $ @ etc. in your password is highly recommended.
- Use the Virtual Keypad for enhanced security while keying in your Net Banking passwords.
- Always type the address of the bank website in the address bar of your browser or access it from your stored list of favourites. Do not access the bank website through a link in an email or through another website.
- The URL address on the address bar of your internet browser begins with "https"; where the letter 's' at the end of "https" means 'secured'.
- Look for the padlock symbol on the bottom bar of the browser to ensure that the site is running in secure mode.
- Disable the "Auto Complete" function on your browser to prevent your browser from remembering Passwords.
- Always logout to terminate your session, instead of closing the browser directly.
- Avoid using cyber cafes/shared PCs to access our Internet Banking site.
- Update your PC with the latest antivirus and spyware software regularly.
- Complaints/ grievances should be reported to the bank as soon as possible. This will help us in retrieving the past data and address your complaint/ grievance expeditiously.
- You can log on to the Bank’s website for recording your complaint/ grievance.
Please help us to serve you better.
Rights Of Banks Customers