Welcome to IDBI Bank’s NRI Services. You may open your NRE/NRO/FCNR account by following the below simple steps
- 1. Download the NRI Relationship and Account opening form from the Form centre.For opening NRE /NRO/ FCNR Fixed Deposit, kindly also download the NRI Fixed Deposit Form.
- 2. Complete the account opening and Fixed Deposit form in all respects with required signatures, etc
- 3. Please obtain the following documents
- a. Copy of Valid Passport
- b. Copy of Valid Residence / Work / Student Visa
In case of PIO, along with self-declaration for PIO as given in the relationship form, please submit copy of PIO (Person of India origin) card or copy of OCI (overseas Citizen of India) card or copy of past Indian passport of self/parent/grandparent.
- c. Copy of valid communication address proof
- d. Photograph of Individual Accout Holder
Additional documents for persons employed with foreign shipping company
Valid work contract
Last wage slip
Continous Discharge Certificate
All the above documents ( self-signed), photograph & signature have to be attested by any one of the following :
- 1. Indian Embassy abroad
- 2. Existing local banker abroad
- 3. Overseas Notary
- 4. Offices of Exchange Houses with which we have tie ups in the GCC Countries.
- 5. Self Attestation* (click here for details)
4. Sign the requisite Service Charges depending on your preferred category of account and attach it along with the Account Opening Form (Not applicable for NRE /NRO/FCNR term deposits ). Account categories are divided into 4 types
- a. Super Savings (Average Quarterly balance of Rs 5,000)
- b. Power Plus (Average Quarterly balance of Rs 50,000)
- c. Preferred (Average Quarterly balance of Rs 1,00,000)
- d. Royal (Average Quarterly balance of Rs 3,00,000)
5. On completion of the requisite documentation, you are requested to courier the Account opening form, schedule of facilities and the supporting documents to the address of the branch you have selected. The branch details can be obtained on the below link
6. You may remit funds to the NRE/NRO Savings Bank Account post the activation of the account. In case you have applied only for NRE /NRO/FCNR FD, you may remit the funds post activation of your Customer Id. For the procedure of remiting funds , please refer our various Remittance Options
Please note that your accounts and Customer Id shall be activated only post receipt of all the requisite documents by the concerned branch where you intend to open the account.