World / Global Card FAQ
FAQ's for IDBI Bank World Currency Card / Global Currency Card
- Walk into an IDBI Bank branch
- Fill out the application form and submit the necessary documents.
**Copy of Air Ticket, Passport, Visa, A2 Form, PAN Card
- Collect your WCC on the spot, instantly over the counter.
Your WCC kit will consist of the following:
- World Currency Card along with welcome letter.
- WCC reference account number and Customer ID
- Usage Guide
- ATM PIN
- Terms and Conditions
The minimum amount that can be loaded on the card is US $ 100 or Equivalent amount in other currency. The maximum amount would be as per RBI/FEMA guidelines applicable from time to time.
Currently it is USD 2, 50,000 in a FY.
These cards are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of production. (Marked on the face of the card). Card is not valid for payments in India, Nepal and Bhutan
User can access the transaction details through installing IDBI M-Passbook application and register with the WCC customer ID and registered mobile number.
Your IDBI Bank WCC is valid for a period of two years. Within this period, you can reload your card as many times as you like. If you are in abroad on a visit, than you may email to the respective branch the scan copy of reload form. As per your authorization, your saving account will be debited accordingly and card will be reloaded. You may also pay through your other bank account (in case of non-IDBI Bank customer).
- POS transaction.
- E-Commerce transaction.
- Contactless ( Paywave) transaction.
- ATM Cash Withdrawal
- If you lose your card please call the IDBI Bank Phone Banking Centre.
- If you are in India please call (1-800-22-6999), if you are abroad please call (+91-22-67719100).
- Please quote your WCC Reference account Number and request for the card to be deactivated.
Contact your IDBI bank Branch and place a request for Card replacement. Soon after the Bank verifies your identity, your card will be sent to the current abroad location with a temporary deactivation.
On receipt of the replacement card you need to contact your Branch and confirm that you have received the card. The Bank will activate your card thereafter.
Once you return in India, you can either choose to have your balance reimbursed or retain the same on your card for any future trips. To withdraw the balance, please visit nearest IDBI Bank branch & fill up a simple refund application form. Branch will issue a Pay Order or credit your account on submission of your refund request. In case of WCC is purchased through Money Changer, please visit to the FFMC for claiming the refund.
As per RBI circular (RBI/2011-12/102) dated 02nd April 2012, on the receipt of Refund request from the Customer, Bank will refund outstanding amount remaining in WCC account immediately subject to retention of:
- The amounts that are authorized and remain unclaimed/ not settled by the acquirers as of the date of redemption till the completion of the respective settlement cycle.
- A balance not exceeding US$ 100, for meeting any pipeline transactions till the completion of the respective settlement cycle.
- Branch to ensure the refund of remaining $100 after 30 days of last transaction in WCC account.
Note: Based on RBI regulations, you can retain your card only if the balance remaining is below US$ 2,000 or equivalent in other currency when you trip abroad. If the balance exceeds US$ 2,000, you will have to surrender your card and take back the remaining amount in full within 180 days from the date of arrival.
|Currency||ATM withdrawal||POS limit||E-Com|
|Daily Cash at POS Limit||INR 2000|
|Daily Contact Less Limit||INR 10,000|
|Sr. No.||Particular||US $||EURO||POUNDS||Canadian $||Australian $||Singapore $||UAE- AED||Japanese Yen|
|1||Transactional charges in respective currency|
|a) Cash withdrawal||1.50||1.50||1.00||2.76||03.30||3.86||5.25||140|
|b) Balance inquiry||0.55||0.44||0.33||0.66||0.77||0.88||1.93||50|
|2||Initial Card fee||Rs.140/- + Applicable Taxes|
|3||Reload fee||Rs.75/- + Applicable Taxes|
|4||Foreign Exchange rates||As per rate determined by IDBI Bank0|
|5||Cross Currency Conversion||As per rate determined by Visa/ IDBI Bank.|